ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PATHWAYS
Light the spark.
At the elementary level, Pathways learning is designed to excite students and give them a glimpse into their future. It allows them to wonder and reflect on what’s next in their learning journey.
The love of learning starts here.
What sparks a love of learning? Exploring a variety of themes and topics to discover what is possible. Every elementary school will embed rich experiences and targeted exposure to all four Pathways, including:
The implementation of elementary Pathways launched in the 2020-21 school year and will be rolled out over the next three years. Elementary design teams and stakeholder feedback will inform the phased implementation along the way.
- Advanced Learning Specialists working with gifted and talented students
- Band and orchestra experiences for all students
- Digital Learning Specialists facilitating design and coding units for all students
- Enhanced Makerspaces for additional engineering Pathway experiences
- New K-5 math curriculum piloted in select classrooms across the district
- Theater and performing arts residences at each school
- Health and well-being career exploration activities introduced at each school
- Project-based learning training and planning sessions for elementary teachers
- New K-5 math curriculum implemented across the district
- Implement entrepreneurship, math and design project-based learning at each school
- K-5 math curriculum implementation informs K-5 science curriculum review, including Next Generation Science Standards
- AVID Elementary program explored for students in grades 3-5